Saturday 21 January 2012

Urban Decay 'The Dangerous Palette' - review and swatches.


Urban Decay is probably my favourite make-up brand at the moment. I received this palette from a family member for Christmas, but that doesn't alter my thoughts on the palette. The palette includes 6 eye shadows, a 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Rockstar and a sample size Primer Potion in Greed. First of all, here are a few pictures of the colours in the palette :)

From left to right, top to bottom; Haight, Mildew, Virgin, Oil Slick, Rockstar and Gun Metal.

These are what the colours look like without a primer. The colours are still visible but you'll see when I show you the photo's with primer, that they are much brighter and more like they appear in the palette.

Here they are over the top of the original Primer Potion. I love the way these colours stand out and I love the fact that with these colours you could make an unlimited amount of eye looks! You could even pull some really great neutral looks from these colours. I think my favourite colours would have to be Mildew, just because it's a gorgeous olive green colour and I don't think I've ever owned anything quite like it before. I also love Virgin because it's a great all-over lid colour as well as a great highlight!

The palette also comes with a 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in the shade Rockstar which is a beautiful aubergine purple colour, which you can see below;
I really like this colour and I really like the fact that it's the same shade as one of the more darker colours in the palette. I find it really hard to pull of purple eye-liner, but I wore this on Boxing Day with the shadow over the top and it actually went really well with my eye colour.

The last feature of the palette is the Primer Potion. It comes in the colour Greed which is a gorgeous gold simmer colour which is perfect for me because I wear gold on my eyes all the time - now I can have that extra added 'pop' to the colour with this primer! :) Here's a swatch of it below;
Overall, I really like this palette, it's got a brilliant range of colours and a really nice primer and eye-liner to go along with it. It's also in a really convenient sized palette which makes it great for travel or could even fit in your bag for touch-up throughout the day/night if needed :) Once again, Urban Decay have pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment