Saturday 17 March 2012

The Hunger Games 'Girl on Fire' Katniss Everdeen inspired nails!

I recently took one of the big steps to becoming a beauty blogger by purchasing my first entire nail polish collection. The collection of choice? The new China Glaze 'Capitol Colours' collection, inspired by The Hunger Games!

I've been completely obsessed with The Hunger Games for about a year now. I read all three books in just over a week and I'm really excited for the film! (I'm going to an advanced screening with a friend which is hella exciting!)

For this look I decided to take inspiration from the book and create my own 'Girl on Fire' nails, inspired by the nail art that Katniss wears for her tribute interview before the Games. I managed to create this look with three polish's all from the 'Capitol Colours' collection - I used 'Smoke and Ashes' for the entire nail base coat, then I mapped out the shape of the flames with 'Riveting' then I added a bit of sparkle using 'Electrify'.




I love this nail art look, it's one of my favourites!

2 comments:

  1. That looks great - I'm totally useless at nail art :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I never used to be so good, I've just had a lot of spare time and a bit of money to spend on some pretty good tools! Practice make perfect :) x

    ReplyDelete